Share this blog with your friends, please

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Writing the book....




For several years I’ve been pushing (bugging) Carol about writing a book of our fantastic motorhome trip in 1978 to South America with our family. Was a wonderful adventure that changed all of us the way we look at our lives, and I thought it was worth sharing with everybody in the world. So without thinking of how much work was involved into writing and publishing a book, I plunged ahead into the project. It took about a year of our time but we did it…!  My wife had lots of notes and comments about the trip on her dairy, and many letters that she had writhen to my Mother in Law during the progress of the trip for over a year, I added my on thoughts and experiences and some of the kids recollections, and stared writing THE book. A number of times during the process, the wish that I had never stared, really crossed my mind, but the selfish inclination went away and the project went on, and as of today, a reality, the book is finish and published, and it is available in hard copy and E-book format for anybody who wants to read it, and hope enjoy it.
The book title is, ALL THE WAY TO ARGENTINA, it is the story of a family of seven driving a 24 foot motorhome, from Los Angeles, California following the Panamerican Highway all the way to Argentina and Brazil. Our motorhome, according to our knowledge, was the first ever to cross the Panama Canal in to South America.
 This reality brought about some funny and not so very funny experiences during the
Adventure. All of us learned something every day, and most important our kids did too, leaving for everybody the good feeling of accomplishment and unforgettable life understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment